Digital Gen-Z Opps: Nexon hires new marketing head (Score 50)
Sales lead: Contact the new CMO to offer ad space & agency services.
- Nexon America selected Kendall Boyd as CMO in May 2023.
- Boyd joins from NCSOFT, where he served as marketing SVP.
- He now leads Nexon's marketing operations.
Target demographic: Gen-Z
The company will likely:
- Ramp digital spend back up
- Experiment with different ad channels
- Outsource some marketing responsibilities to agency partners
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: Nexon spent approximately $762.8k on digital display ads YTD, a significant decrease from $3.4m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2022.
- YTD data: 213.1m impressions via desktop display (69%), Instagram (22%), Facebook (5%), and desktop video (4%).
- 2021-2022 spend: Full-year spend jumped from $2.9m in 2021 to $9.5m in 2022.
- Ad location: It placed 100% of these ads directly onto sites such as youtube.com, instagram.com, facebook.com, listenonrepeat.com, and twitch.tv.
Additional channel insights
- Top podcasts sponsored: CoinDesk Podcast Network and The Breakdown.
- Opportunity: Reach out to the new CMO now to be top-of-mind.
- Nexon does not currently work with any agencies to the best of my knowledge.