Gen-Z, Millennial Media Opps: Airbnb promotes new offering with brand campaign (Score 38)
Sales lead: Get in touch to help this company promote its new offering.
- Airbnb recently launched a new low-cost alternative called Airbnb Rooms meant to appeal to younger guests.
- This will allow users to book a private room for an average of $67 per night.
- The company launched a campaign to promote Rooms.
- The campaign includes three 30-second spots that will be supported across linear TV, CTV, online video, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Airbnb's in-house creative team made the ads; EssenceMediacom took care of media buying.
Target demographic: Gen-Zers & millennials
The company will likely:
- Continue rolling out new features & products
- Keep ramping up ad spend
- Experiment with new marketing methods to appeal to Gen-Z
Broadcast insights (TV ad creative spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: Airbnb spent nearly $52.3m on national TV ads YTD, up 39% from $37.6m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2022.
- 2021-2022 spend: Full-year spend doubled from $50.2m in 2021 to $100.3m in 2022.
- Ad programming: It placed ads during programming such as NFL Football, College Basketball, NBA Basketball, The 65th Annual Grammy Awards, and American Idol.
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: Airbnb spent approximately $39.8m on digital display ads YTD, a significant increase from $15.9m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2022.
- YTD data: 4.7b impressions via Instagram (46%), Facebook (30%), and YouTube (24%).
- 2021-2022 spend: Full-year spend jumped by 47% from $53.7m in 2021 to $79.2m in 2022.
- Ad location: It placed 100% of these ads directly onto sites such as instagram.com, facebook.com, youtube.com, denverpost.com, and fandom.com.
Additional channel insights
- Vivvix: Airbnb also invests in print, OOH, and local broadcast.
- Top podcasts sponsored: Stuff You Should Know, The Ben Shapiro Show, NPR News Now, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, and Up First.
- Opportunity: Reach out if you can help Airbnb reach Gen-Zers more effectively.
- Current roster: