Female Opps: Bath & Body Works taps first chief customer officer following CEO hire (Score 42)
Sales Lead: Bath & Body Works (B&BW) named Maurice Cooper as its first-ever chief customer officer (CCO), effective May 2023 (we are still attempting to confirm Cooper's email & will update as we learn more)
- Cooper joined from Target, where he was the SVP of guest and brand experience marketing.
- In this role, he oversaw all omnichannel traffic and development, and he executed brand, category, and promotional marketing.
- Now, he will execute a comprehensive strategy to strengthen and elevate B&BW's brands.
- This involves growing and retaining the company's passionate customers by developing a personalized, compelling, and connecting end-to-end customer experience.
- **Note: We will provide Cooper's contact information when we confirm it; until then, please feel free to reach out to other DMs.**
- The company will likely:
- Implement strategy shifts
- Return to higher spend
- Seek new agency partners
- Target demographic:
- Millennial women
Additional recent leadership shifts:
- This hire closely followed B&BW's appointment of creative SVP John Camilleri (January 2023) and CEO Gina Boswell (December 2022).
- Camilleri was previously the SVP and ECD at Rue Glit Groupe.
- Boswell was most recently on the member board of directors at ACCO Brands.
- She brought marketing expertise from roles such as the global brand president at Alberto Culver.
- Boswell succeed Nick Coe, B&BW's incumbent CEO since July 2011, who retired.
Additional spending insights:
- Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: B&BW has spent approximately $2.8m on digital ads YTD, less than half of the approximately $5.9m spent by this point last year.
- YTD data: So far this year, the company has earned ~364.4m digital impressions, 73% via Facebook ads, 22% via Instagram ads, and 5% via YouTube ads.
- Last year: B&BW spent roughly $17.9m on this channel last year, 37% less than the roughly $28.4m spent in 2021.
- Additional channel insights
- The company utilizes Google Ads along with search, digital, Facebook, Instagram, and online video (via Youtube.com) ads.
Additional agency insights:
- Opportunity: Reach out soon in case agency reviews follow this hire.
- Current agency roster:
- In-House: Media