Campaign Imminent: Pernod Ricard announces Absolut collaboration with Ocean Spray (Score 24)
- The brands have already started partnering on integrated programming, innovation, co-packaging, innovation, and new and reportedly exciting ways this summer.
- The vodka line itself will launch in early 2024, so promotional material will likely launch soon.
- The brand will likely:
- Continue shifting strategy
- Return to higher spend
- Select additional new agency partners following a recent hire (more below)
- Target demographic:
- A wide target demographic ranging from drinking-age (21+) Gen-Z through Gen-X
- As you can tell from the video above, Absolut launches both English and Spanish ads.
Recent leadership shifts:
- In September 2022, Bethany Arazoza joined Absolut as its brand manager.
Additional spending insights:
- Broadcast insights (TV ad creative spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: So far this year, Absolut has only allocated roughly $7 - yes, I know - toward national TV spend, a mere fraction of the roughly $694.3k allocated within the same 2022 timeframe.
- Last year: The brand spent around $3m on this channel in 2022 after having spent about a fourth of this, around $722.4k, in 2021.
- 2023 ad programming: Absolut's 2023 commercial has aired during The Best of Megan Thee Stallion.
- Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: The vodka brand has spent approximately $1.1m on digital ads YTD, only about a third of the approximately $3.2m spent by this point last year.
- YTD data: Since the beginning of 2023, Absolut has earned ~139.7m digital impressions, 47% via Facebook ads, 46% via Instagram ads, and 7% via YouTube ads.
- Last year: The brand's estimated full-year 2022 spend reached $7.8m, 47% more than that of $5.3m in 2021.
- Additional channel insights
- The brand utilizes OTT, linear TV, digital, local broadcast, OOH, and Google Ads.
- Absolut holds planning conversations in Q1 and buying conversations in Q4.
- It invests in sponsorships with organizations such as the New York Red Bulls.
Additional agency insights:
- Opportunity: If you haven't yet done so, get in touch with DMs at parent company Pernod Ricard (PR).
- Current agency roster (Absolut brand):
Insight Sources: Broadcast, OTT, and linear TV insights estimated by iSpot; digital spend insights estimated by Pathmatics; additional channel insights estimated by Vivvix; sponsorship insights by Relo Metrics.