B2B Digital Opps: Xactly taps CMO amid spend increases (Score 50)

Xactly named Johann Wrede CMO, effective July 2021. Wrede most recently served as global marketing SVP and creative, brand and advertising head of SAP. He will now lead all of Xactly's corporate and solutions marketing and communications. Wrede will also be responsible for implementing a new marketing strategy. Keep an eye on this company as it presents an excellent opportunity for both sellers and agency readers. 

According to Pathmatics, Xactly earned 7.7m impressions YTD through desktop display ads (77%) and mobile display ads (23%). It placed the majority (58%) of these ads through a variety of indirect channels onto sites such as xda-developers.com, buzzfeed.com, finviz.com, slickdeals.com and mediacalnewstoday.com. It placed the remainder (42%) site direct onto sites such as yahoo.com, finance.yahoo.com, mentalfloss.com, gamebanana.com and screenrant.com. It spent around $29.2k on digital display ads YTD, a 28% increase from $22.9k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend skyrocketed from $300 in 2019 to $32k in 2020. 

Sellers-- Xactly's services appeal to other businesses, which it targets through digital display ads. It significantly increased spend from 2019 to 2020, and has kept adding dollars to this channel so far this year. I predict the company will continue increasing spend, especially with the new CMO hire. Sellers should contact this company if you can provide digital ad space. Keep in mind, the new CMO may decide to invest in other channels as well. 

Agency & martech readers-- Start reaching out soon in order to be top-of-mind with the new CMO. As you know, new CMOs commonly review their company's agency roster. I believe the only agency you will face competition from is OR shop Blanc & Otus