Back to All Agencies

Edelman | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships




Service: public relations, full service

Main Telephone
(206) 223-1606
Primary Address
1601 Fifth Avenue
24th Floor
Seattle, WA 98121
USA

Edelman Contacts

Contacts (5/12)
Name Title State
Kayla B. Director, Analytics WA
Sample of Related Brands
***********
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (206) 223-1606
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 1601 Fifth Avenue
24th Floor
Seattle, WA
98121
USA

Alexandria S. Assistant Account Executive WA
Jodie S. Account Supervisor, Crisis Communications WA
Amanda M. Vice President, Influencer Marketing WA
Lauren P. Vice President WA

Client Relationships


Brand Service From To Media Spend
********** ****** ***** Public Relations *
********* *********** Public Relations *********
******* ****** & ******* Public Relations *

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

WinmoEdge

Gen-Z, Millennial Male Update Opps: KFC loses CMO just after campaign (Score 42)


Update: marketing for over 4k locations. I am unsure of her future plans. We will surely see some changes once a new CMO is nailed down, but it seems KFC is not  looking for a marketer to come in and make any radical changes. We will be sure to update you when the chain makes an announcement.  

Please refer to the article below for spend and targeting information. 

Agency & martech readers-- To the best of my knowledge, KFC still works with Edelman (PR AOR). Start preparing your pitches so you can reach out once the chain finds a new CMO. 


The original article was published on March 23: 

As we predicted earlier this year, KFC launched a campaign to promote the new chicken sandwich. The campaign is supported by a 15-second spot called "Chicken Business" that is airing on national TV and online. However, the highlight of the campaign are the OOH billboard ads that are being placed in major cities that read "We Make The Chicken Sandwiches Around Here." KFC is placing these ads near rivals such as Burger King, McDonalds' and Wendy's. 

According to Pathmatics, KFC earned 793.6m impressions through Facebook ads (33%), Instagram ads (32%), desktop video ads (24%), desktop display ads (8%), mobile display ads (2%) and Twitter ads (1%). It placed the majority (99%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as facebook.com, instagram.com, youtube.com, draftkings.com and twitter.com. It placed the remainder (1%) indirectly through Adobe Media Optimizer onto sites such as lifewire.com, about.com, reddit.com, complex.com and mashable.com. It spent around $6.7m on digital display ads YTD, a 68% increase from $4m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend equaled $22.2m in 2020, a significant increase from $7.7m spent in 2019. 

Magellan reports KFC placed eight podcast ads over the last year. 

Per iSpot, KFC spent around $22.1m on national TV ads YTD, less than half (46%) of the $47.9m spent during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend dropped 18% from $220.7m in 2019 to $180.5m in 2020. This year, it placed ads during programming such as "NFL Football," "NBA Basketball," "Family Guy," "2021 Daytona 500" and "The Bachelor." 

Sellers-- KFC mainly targets Gen-Z and millennials, but its TV ads may be targeting a slightly older audience including Gen-Xers. It has been decreasing TV spend for a couple of years now as it ads dollars to digital ads. It also invests in OOH, radio and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Sellers should reach out soon to secure possible last-minute campaign ad dollars. 

Agency & martech readers-- KFC works with creative & media AOR Edelman. I am not seeing any signs pointing to a potential review any time soon. You will likely have better luck looking for other opportunities.