Back to All Agencies

The Bohan Agency | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships




Service: full service

Main Telephone
(615) 327-1189
Primary Address
124 Twelfth Avenue South
Suite 210
Nashville, TN 37203
USA

The Bohan Agency Contacts

Contacts (5/13)
Name Title State
David B. Chairman TN
Sample of Related Brands
***********
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (615) 327-1189
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 124 Twelfth Avenue South
Suite 210
Nashville, TN
37203
USA

Shari D. President & Chief Operations Officer TN
Sandra H. Director, Talent TN
Tony G. Group Director, Account TN
Penny R. Director, Broadcast TN

Client Relationships


Brand Service From To Media Spend
****** *********** Public Relations *
********* ********** ** ********* Creative, Media Buying, Media Planning *
****** ******* *********** Creative, Digital, Social *******
******* ****** Creative *****
******* Creative *

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

WinmoEdge

Gen-X, Millennial Opps: Dollar General personalizes marketing to better relate to consumers


Dollar General (DG) is working on improving its digital capabilities to provide customers with a better shopping experience. DG believes this will help increase the effectiveness of its marketing by delivering more personalized ads. It has also increased digital spend to improve online engagement. While it is focusing on bolstering its online presence, the company still spends more on national TV ads than digital ads. Sellers should contact DG to find out more regarding its marketing plans. 

According to iSpot, DG spent around $110.3k on national TV ads YTD, more than double the $48.6k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend fell 38% from $632.8k in 2019 to $390.4k in 2020. This year, it placed ads during programming such as "Pawn Stars," "American Pickers," "Ancient Aliens," "Cantinflas Show" and "Forged in Fire." 

Per Pathmatics, DG earned 733m impressions through Facebook ads (55%), Instagram ads (29%), desktop video ads (15%), desktop display ads (1%) and Twitter ads (1%). It placed the majority (99%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as facebook.com, instagram.com, youtube.com, twitter.com and yahoo.com. It placed the remainder (1%) indirectly through AppNexus onto sites such as zillow.com, youtube.com, littlethings.com, yahoo.com and history.com. It spent around $5.5m on digital display ads YTD, a slight 2% increase from $5.4m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend skyrocketed from $9.8m in 2019 to $35.7m in 2020. 

Sellers-- DG mainly targets Gen-X and millennials with a female skew. It reaches these demographics through digital display and national TV ads. The company has been increasing digital spend for a couple of years now. TV on the other hand, decreased from 2019 to 2020, but then increased so far this year. DG also invests in OOH, print, radio and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. The company spends the overwhelming majority in Q4, so start reaching out to offer ad space soon. 

Agency & martech readers-- I believe DG works with creative, digital and social AOR PureRED. I see no signs that indicate this company will make any changes to its roster any time soon. I advise readers to keep searching for work elsewhere.