Back to All Agencies

CMD | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships




Service: full service

Main Telephone
(503) 223-6794
Primary Address
1631 Northwest Thurman Street
Suite 400
Portland, OR 97209
USA

CMD Contacts

Contacts (5/17)
Name Title State
Paula O. Chief People Officer OR
Sample of Related Brands
***********
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (503) 223-6794
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 1631 Northwest Thurman Street
Suite 400
Portland, OR
97209
USA

Matthew R. Senior Art Director OR
Brian U. Creative Director OR
Adam P. Managing Director, Client Services - Hijinx OR
Teresa L. Digital Media Director OR

Client Relationships


Brand Service From To Media Spend
****** *********** Creative *
*** **** Creative, Digital *
***** *********** Creative, Digital *
****-***, ***. Creative, Digital *
********* Creative, Digital *

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

WinmoEdge

Adidas launches campaign to promote its new soccer shoes (Score 30)


self-titled Adult Swim show. The video also features popular soccer players Vivianne Miedema, Mohamed Salah, Karim Benzema and Lionel Messi. The video was released on Adult Swim's YouTube channel on July 19th, and it will also be supported through paid digital ads. The Adidas and Rick and Morty social media pages will post shorter versions of the ad too. Netherlands-based creative shop TBWA\Neboko created the spot. 

In other news, Adidas promoted Chris Murphy to SVP of brand marketing in May. Murphy originally joined the company in 2006 and most recently served as the digital & media VP. We told you about the company elevating Alasdhair Willis to chief creative officer in March

Per iSpot, Adidas spent approximately $10.2m on national TV ads YTD, a 21% increase from $8.4m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend jumped 47% from $12.2m in 2020 to $17.9m in 2021. This year, it placed ads during programming such as College Basketball, NBA Basketball, SportsCenter, Chicago Fire and NHL Hockey

According to Pathmatics, Adidas earned 2.5b impressions YTD through Instagram ads (48%), Facebook ads (23%), desktop video ads (14%), desktop display ads (8%), Twitter ads (3%) and mobile display ads (3%). It placed the majority (99%) of these ads directly onto sites such as instagram.com, facebook.com, twitch.tv, youtube.com and twitter.com. It placed the remainder (1%) indirectly through Google AdX+AdSense and Display & Video 360 onto sites such as nytimes.com, yahoo.com, answers.com, amazon.com and fandom.com. It spent around $21m on digital display ads YTD, a 30% decrease from $29.9m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend increased by 30% from $42.3m in 2020 to $55m in 2021. 

Sellers-- Adidas mainly targets male millennials and Gen-Zers. The company reaches these demographics through digital display and national TV ads. It has been ramping up national TV spend over the past two years, but it decreased digital spend this year. This is an interesting strategy considering its young target audience. However, the company evidently believes this will provide the best ROI. Adidas also invests in OOH, print, radio and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Sellers should reach out offering last-minute ad space to score some extra campaign ad dollars. 

Agency & martech readers-- Keep reaching out to the recently-promoted marketing DMs to see if you can persuade them to use your services. Adidas currently works with creative AOR Matte Projects on some creative, plus it worked with TBWA\Neboko on the new video ad. This leads me to believe it prefers project-based relationships for some creative work. The company does not have a digital or social media partner, so you might have better luck offering those services.