Idea Ranch Contacts
|Eric B.||Managing Partner & Chief Operations Officer||OK|
Sample of Related Brands
|Paul B.||President & Executive Creative Director||OK|
|Jeff T.||Chief Creative Officer & Managing Partner||OK|
|Eric A.||Art Director||OK|
|Ashley W.||Art Director||OK|
Athletic Male Opps: Under Armour teams up with male influencers in new campaign (Score 71)
- Made in-house, "Athlete No One Saw Coming" also teamed up with Morgan Freeman, who read a letter written by Brady.
- Brady makes it clear to fans that rather than focus on becoming the next "him" or "the GOAT," they should only compare themselves to themselves.
- Channels: This campaign rolled out across Brady's and UA's social channels. It will also air when Brady and the Dallas Cowboys in the season opener.
- The company is likely to:
- Pursue similar influencer relationships in the future
- Continue increasing TV spend
- Seek additional new agency partners after a recent roster shift
- Target demographic: Athletic millennial and Gen-X men
- In July 2022, Paul Nugent became UA's global brand marketing and category SVP.
- Nugent joined the company in September 2016 and most recently served as its global brand management VP.
Additional spending insights:
- Broadcast insights (TV ad creative spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: So far this year, UA has spent approximately $14.7m on national TV commercials, a huge increase from the approximately $1.1m spent by this point last year.
- Last year: The company's estimated full-year 2021 spend reached $39.4m, another huge increase from that of $5.4m in 2020.
- 2022 ad programming: UA's 2022 commercials have targeted male sports enthusiasts watching shows such as College Basketball, NBA Basketball, SportsCenter, NFL Football, and NFL Live.
- Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: The company has allocated roughly $19.6m toward digital ads YTD, down 23% from the roughly $25.4m allocated within the same 2021 timeframe.
- YTD data: Since the beginning of 2022, UA has earned ~2.3b digital impressions via Instagram (42%), Facebook (33%), desktop display (11%), desktop video (11%), mobile video (1%), and mobile display (1%) ads.
- Last year: The company ended up allocating around $39.3m toward this channel last year, up 24% from when it allocated around $31.8m in 2020.
- Additional channel insights
- The company also utilizes print (magazines), OOH, and local broadcast.
Additional agency insights:
- Opportunity: If you haven't yet done so, get in touch soon to offer media, PR, and/or digital analytics services.
- We haven't heard of any additional roster shifts since the company selected August 2022. UA could easily still conduct agency reviews following this shift, especially considering the relatively recent promotion.
- Current agency roster:
Insight Sources: Broadcast insights estimated by Kantar.