Back to All Agencies

Firstborn | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships




Service: interactive

Main Telephone
(212) 574-5300
Primary Address
32 Avenue of the Americas
Fifth Floor
New York, NY 10013
USA

Client Relationships


Brand Service From To Media Spend
********* *.*. Digital *******
********** ******* *********** Digital *
******* ****** ********* Digital ******
************ Digital *******
*****'* ***** ****, *** Digital ******

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

WinmoEdge

Male Gen-X, Millennial Opps: Bloomberg promotes CMO amid digital spend increases (Score 67)


global marketing head of FX, commodities and economics. He most recently served as global head of marketing management and strategy. Angrisani is now responsible for managing the agency roster, brand strategy, events and digital marketing. 

According to Pathmatics, Bloomberg earned 1.7m impressions YTD through Facebook ads (56%), desktop display ads (28%), Instagram ads (7%), Twitter ads (6%), mobile display ads (2%) and desktop video ads (1%). It placed the majority (92%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as facebook.com, yahoo.com, instagram.com, twitter.com and finance.yahoo.com. It placed the remainder (8%) through a variety of indirect channels onto sites such as nytimes.com, seekingalpha.com, foxnews.com, washingtonpost.com and aol.com. It spent around $10m on digital display ads YTD, a significant increase from $3.2m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend jumped from $2.5m in 2019 to $8.8m in 2020. 

Magellan estimates Bloomberg placed around 477 podcast ads over the last year. 

Per iSpot, Bloomberg spent around $9.8k on national TV ads YTD, just 27% of the $35.8k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend equaled $55.3k in 2020; it did not invest in this channel during 2019. This year, it placed ads during programming such as "Bloomberg Surveillance," "Bloomberg Markets: European Open" and "Bloomberg Wall Street Week." 

Sellers-- I believe Bloomberg is mainly targeting Gen-Xers and millennials with a male skew. It allocates the majority of its ad dollars towards digital display ads, placing a high percentage directly onto social media sites. It has been increasing digital spend, while decreasing national TV spend, indicating it may be trying to reach millennials more effectively. It also invests in OOH and print ads, per Kantar. Sellers should reach out offering primarily digital ad space. 

Agency & martech readers-- Promoted CMOs are much less likely to review their company's agency roster than outsider hires, but it is not unheard of. Start reaching out soon in order to be top-of-mind. I believe you will face competition from creative AOR Firstborn. It takes care of media in-house.