Back to All Agencies

Signal Theory | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships




Service: full-service advertising agency

Main Telephone
(816) 474-1333
Primary Address
4050 Pennsylvania Avenue
Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64111
USA

Signal Theory Contacts

Contacts (5/32)
Name Title State
John J. Co-Chief Executive Officer MO
Sample of Related Brands
***********
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (816) 474-1333
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 4050 Pennsylvania Avenue
Suite 100
Kansas City, MO
64111
USA

Jim V. Chief Operating Officer MO
Tony R. Chief Financial Officer MO
Ali M. Co-Chief Executive Officer MO
Brent D. Group Creative Director MO

Client Relationships


Brand Service From To Media Spend
******* **** ********* Creative *
*****'* ***** & *** Branding & Identity *
*********** ***** ********** Creative *
***** & ******* Creative, Digital *
******, ******, & ***** Creative, Public Relations *

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

WinmoEdge

John Deere taps creative AOR for its Construction Division (Score 29)


revamping JD's brand platform and assembling a long-term marketing strategy. It will also manage creative production, content and strategy. This is an expansion of EP+Co.'s existing remit as JD's Residential Agriculture and Turf Division AOR. Keep an eye out for some fresh creative work from JD's new AOR. 

According to Pathmatics, JD earned 611.2m impressions YTD through Facebook ads (41%), desktop display ads (18%), Twitter ads (13%), mobile display ads (12%), Instagram ads (10%) and desktop video ads (6%). It placed the majority (74%) of these ads directly onto sites such as facebook.com, twitter.com, instagram.com, youtube.com and lawnsite.com. It placed the remainder (26%) indirectly through Google AdX+AdSense onto sites such as kohls.com, answers.com, woot.com, triviatoday.com and liveleak.com. It spent around $3.4m on digital display ads YTD, a 32% decrease from $5m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend jumped from $4.2m in 2020 to $10.7m in 2021. 

Per iSpot, JD spent approximately $11.3m on national TV ads YTD, a 35% increase from $8.4m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend fell by 34% from $18.3m in 2020 to $12m in 2021. This year, JD placed ads during programming such as Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Chicago Fire, MLB Baseball, Special Report With Bret Baier and MLB Tonight

Sellers-- JD targets a broad audience including consumers, farmers and construction companies. On the consumer side, the company appears to be focused on reaching Gen-X men. It allocates the majority of its marketing budget toward digital display and national TV ads. The company has seemingly been experimenting with its budget, as it significantly increased digital spend in 2021, but it has decreased spend in that channel so far this year. Meanwhile, it reduced TV spend last year, then started ramping it back up YTD. TV ads likely provide a better ROI for this company, considering it is trying to reach Gen-Xers. JD also invests in OOH, print, radio and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Sellers should contact JD's DMs to offer ad space. 

Agency & martech readers-- JD also works with VMLY&R (media planning & social). Agency reviews commonly follow one another, so reach out soon to see if this company needs any more assistance or if it is planning another review.