Back to All Agencies

VMLY&R | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships




Service: full service

Main Telephone
(312) 596-3000
Primary Address
233 North Michigan Avenue
Suite 1600
Chicago, IL 60601
USA

VMLY&R Contacts

Contacts (5/20)
Name Title State
Michelle D. Executive Director, Client Engagement IL
Sample of Related Brands
***********
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (312) 596-3000
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 233 North Michigan Avenue
Suite 1600
Chicago, IL
60601
USA

Madeline L. Executive Director IL
Ashley R. Director, Client Engagement IL
Aaron E. Executive Creative Director IL
Brant H. Creative Director IL

Client Relationships


Brand Service From To Media Spend
**** Creative *
*** ****** ***, ***. Creative, Social *******
**********, *** Creative, Digital, Media Buying, Media Planning *******
********** ****** Creative ******
******* ****** Creative *****

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

WinmoEdge

Gen-X, Millennial Media Opps: Kashi raises digital spend


Kashi Company decreased digital ad spend considerably in 2020, but it has already returned to pre-Covid spending levels. On the other hand, Kashi significantly increased national TV spend during the pandemic. Sellers should contact this brand for more information, as you may be able to provide ad space. 

According to Pathmatics, Kashi earned 78.9m impressions YTD through desktop video ads (98%) and mobile video ads (2%). It placed the majority (99%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as youtube.com and facebook.com. It placed the remainder (1%) indirectly through Verizon Media onto sites such as allrecipes.com, foodandwine.com, cookinglight.com, people.com and thedailymeal.com. It spent about $1.4m on digital display ads YTD, a huge jump from $6k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend fell from $1m in 2019 to $6.8k in 2020. 

Per iSpot, Kashi spent around $5.3m on national TV ads YTD during programming such as "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," "Two and a Half Men," "NCIS: New Orleans," "Family Feud" and "The Golden Girls." In 2020 it spent $8m in this channel, all during H1. Full-year spend equaled $2.6m in 2019. 

Sellers-- Kashi seems to be targeting an older audience with its new marketing strategy. The brand is now trying to reach Gen-Xers and millennials. It increased national TV spend, while decreasing digital spend during the initial stages of the pandemic. In fact, we even told you about this strategy in January. Then, later in the year, it decided to start ramping up digital spend as well. I see no signs of it slowing down anytime soon. It also invests in local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Sellers should reach out offering relevant ad space to score some of these extra ad dollars. 

Agency & martech readers-- I believe the only agency Kashi works with is VMLY&R, which is taking care of media buying and planning, as well as creative. You can try offering project-based assistance or digital/social media.