Back to All Agencies

Initiative | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships




Service: media specialty

Main Telephone
(312) 799-4200
Primary Address
444 North Michigan Avenue
27th Floor
Chicago, IL 60601
USA

Initiative Contacts

Contacts (5/35)
Name Title State
Brad F. Managing Director IL
Sample of Related Brands
***********
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (312) 799-4200
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 444 North Michigan Avenue
27th Floor
Chicago, IL
60601
USA

Stephanie A. Director, Communications Design IL
Andrew C. Director, Strategy IL
Anthony A. Director, Strategy IL
Leah G. Director, Media IL

Client Relationships


Brand Service From To Media Spend
******* ****** & ********, ***. Media Buying, Media Planning ********
****, *** Media Buying, Media Planning ******
*** ****** ******* Media Buying, Media Planning ********

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

WinmoEdge

Momvertising Opps: IHOP hires marketing VP amid spend increases (Score 55)


December. There are no updates yet, but we will be sure to let you know once it finds a new creative partner. 

According to Pathmatics, IHOP earned 1.4b impressions in 2021 through Facebook ads (33%), Instagram ads (32%), desktop video ads (20%), desktop display ads (12%) and mobile display ads (2%). It placed the majority (98%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as amazon.com, ctv.ca, definition.org, facebook.com and fame10.com. It placed the remainder (2%) through a variety of indirect channels onto sites such as 10news.com, 11alive.com, 911tabs.com, abc7chicago.com and addapinch.com. It spent around $14m on digital display ads in 2021, a huge jump from $2.6m spent in this channel during 2020. 

Per iSpot, IHOP spent around $38.9m on national TV ads in 2021, a 63% increase from $23.9m spent in this channel during 2020. It placed ads during programming such as "CNN Newsroom With Poppy Harlow and Jim Sciutto," "The Golden Girls," "Murder, She Wrote," "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and "Today." 

Sellers-- IHOP mostly targets moms, or Gen-X and millennial women, through digital display and national TV ads. The chain ramped spend up significantly in both channels during 2021. I see no reason to believe it will not continue increasing spend, or at least match 2021 spend in 2022. Parent company Dine Brands also invests in OOH, print and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Keep an eye out for a campaign once IHOP nails down a new creative AOR. Sellers should offer ad space to score some of these extra ad dollars. Remember, the new marketing VP may shake things up as well. 

Agency & martech readers-- I believe the only agency IHOP is working with is Initiative, which services media buying and planning. Do not forget about the creative review because there still may be time to get your pitches in. You can try offering media, digital or social media assistance as well.