3Q/DEPT | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships
Service: SEO, SEM
- Main Telephone
- (650) 539-4124
|Rob M.||Chief Executive Officer||IL|
Sample of Related Brands
|Jonathan M.||Director - DEBT||IL|
|Mary M.||Account Lead||IL|
|Cian K.||Account Manager||IL|
|Anderson M.||Digital Marketing Account Manager||IL|
Male Gen-Z, Millennial Media Opps: Destination XL appoints marketing chief amid spend increases (Score 55)
Sales lead: Reach out to the new CMO now to start pitching your services.
- Destination XL (DXL) named James Reath CMO, effective September 2022.
- Reath most recently served as Bed Bath & Beyond's marketing SVP.
- As DXL's CMO, Reath will handle marketing strategy, brand, consumer, creative, media, CRM, and eCommerce.
DXL's target demographic: Gen-Z & millennial men
The company is likely to:
- Review current agency partnerships
- Hire additional agency assistance
- Continue increasing digital spend
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: DXL spent approximately $1.2m on digital display ads YTD, a huge increase from $161.6k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021.
- YTD data: 112.9m impressions via desktop video (49%), Facebook (36%), and Instagram (15%).
- Last year: Full-year spend jumped from $122.7k in 2020 to $661.4k in 2021.
- Ad location: It placed 100% of these ads directly onto sites such as youtube.com, facebook.com, and instagram.com.
Additional channel insights:
- DXL also invests in OOH.
Agency analysis: Start contacting the new CMO soon to secure top priority.
- Current roster:
- I recommend offering complementary services such as media buying/planning, digital, social, and PR assistance.
Insight Sources: Digital spend insights estimated by Kantar.