Back to All Agencies

VMLY&R | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships




Service: interactive

Main Telephone
(404) 870-3966
Primary Address
191 Peachtree Street
Suite 4025
Atlanta, GA 30303
USA

VMLY&R Contacts

Contacts (5/7)
Name Title State
Chris E. Executive Director GA
Sample of Related Brands
***********
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (404) 870-3966
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 191 Peachtree Street
Suite 4025
Atlanta, GA
30303
USA

David M. Managing Director, Strategy & Insights GA
Met U. Director, Experience Design GA
Jake B. Group Director, Client Engagement GA
Daniela H. Manager, Analytics & Data Insights GA

Client Relationships


Brand Service From To Media Spend
***********.*** Digital *

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

WinmoEdge

Walgreens loses SVP & CMO amid spend increases (Score 37)


have revealed any future plans yet. During his tenure, McLean was responsible for launching the myWalgreens rewards program and integrating technology into the marketing strategy. We will be sure to update you once any news surfaces regarding a replacement CMO. 

According to Pathmatics, Walgreens earned 6.9b impressions in 2021 through Facebook ads (60%), Instagram ads (17%), desktop video ads (11%), desktop display ads (9%), mobile display ads (2%) and Twitter ads (1%). It placed the majority (94%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as facebook.com, instagram.com, youtube.com, twitter.com and yahoo.com. It placed the remainder (6%) through a variety of indirect channels onto sites such as yahoo.com, zillow.com, finance.yahoo.com, foxnews.com and aol.com. It spent around $58.7m on digital display ads in 2021, a 45% increase from $40.4m spent in this channel in 2020. 

Magellan reports Walgreens placed about 50 podcast ads over the last 365 days. 

Per iSpot, Walgreens spent approximately $94.7m on national TV ads in 2021, a 14% increase from $82.9m spent in this channel during 2020. It placed ads during programming such as "The Golden Girls," "The King of Queens," "Blue Bloods," "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "Chicago P.D." 

Sellers-- Walgreens mainly targets Gen-X and millennial women through digital display and national TV ads. The company ramped spend up significantly in both channels in 2021, especially digital spend. It also started placing the majority of its digital ads onto social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram last year. It also invests in OOH, print, radio and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. The next CMO may install some new strategies, but in the meantime, reach out to the company's other DMs to offer ad space. 

Agency & martech readers-- To the best of my knowledge, Walgreens works with global marketing and communications AOR Hill+Knowlton Strategies. Keep an eye on this company so that you can have your pitches ready once it finds a replacement CMO.