Back to All Agencies

APCO Worldwide | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships




Service: public relations, full service

Main Telephone
(202) 778-1000
Primary Address
1299 Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest
Suite 300
Washington, DC 20004
USA

APCO Worldwide Contacts

Contacts (5/26)
Name Title State
Margery K. Founder & Executive Chairman DC
Sample of Related Brands
***********
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (202) 778-1000
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 1299 Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest
Suite 300
Washington, DC
20004
USA

Evan K. President & Chief Operating Officer DC
Mara H. Chief Communications & Marketing Officer DC
Brad S. Chief Executive Officer DC
Donald W. R. Chairman, Government Relations DC

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

WinmoEdge

Ikea launches holiday campaign amid digital spend increases (Score 21)


ads. These ads will be supported across cable TV, social media and digital channels. IKEA also released a holiday-themed song called, "Feels Just Like a Holiday" for TikTok. This indicates the company may be broadening its target audience to include Gen-Zers.  

According to Pathmatics, Ikea earned 2.9b impressions YTD through Instagram ads (51%), Facebook ads (25%), desktop display ads (15%), desktop video ads (7%) and mobile display ads (2%). It placed the majority (95%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as instagram.com, facebook.com, hulu.com, youtube.com and yahoo.com. It placed the remainder (5%) through a variety of indirect channels onto sites such as yahoo.com, my.xfinity.com, zillow.com, hulu.com and finance.yahoo.com. It spent around $24.7m on digital display ads YTD, a 38% increase from $17.9m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend fell by 49% from $39.3m in 2019 to $20m in 2020.

Magellan reports Ikea placed about 160 podcast ads over the last year. 

Per iSpot, Ikea spent around $29.4m on national TV ads YTD, a slight decrease from $29.8m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend jumped 45% from $20.9m in 2019 to $29.8m in 2020. This year, it placed ads during programming such as "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives," "Friends," "NBA Basketball," "Guy's Grocery Games" and "Love It or List It." 

Sellers-- Ikea mainly targets millennial and Gen-X women (moms) through digital display and national TV ads. The company has bee increasing digital spend, after decreasing spend in this channel in 2020. TV spend, on the other hand, went down slightly this year, after Ikea ramped up TV spend in 2020. It has started placing more of its digital ads onto social media, especially Instagram, indicating it may be trying to reach younger demographics more effectively. It also invests in OOH, print, radio and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Sellers should reach out soon to score potential extra campaign ad dollars. 

Agency & martech readers-- I believe Ikea works with media AOR Mother on the campaign, but I am not sure if this is a project-based or permanent relationship. You can try reaching out to this company to see if it needs any more assistance.