Insight Sources: Broadcast insights estimated by Kantar.
RPA | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships
Service: full service
- Main Telephone
- (310) 394-4000
|Brett B.||Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer||CA|
Sample of Related Brands
|Mike M.||Senior Vice President & Chief Experience Officer||CA|
|Pete I.||President & Chief Executive Officer||CA|
|Gary P.||Executuve Vice President & Chief Production Officer||CA|
|Joe B.||Executive Vice President & Chief Creative Officer||CA|
Gen-X, Millennial Media Opps: Southwest Airlines launches campaign, promotes CMO to CCO (Score 50)
Sales lead: Get in touch soon to score some of these extra campaign ad dollars.
- The push includes four video ads that will be supported across broadcast/cable TV, CTV, social media, and movie theaters.
- Southwest's upgrades include improved WiFi, larger overhead bins, and enhanced boarding self-service.
- The company is also reminding consumers that it does not charge bag, flight change, or cancelation fees, and that flight credits do not expire.
In other news:
- Southwest promoted Ryan Green from SVP & CMO to EVP & chief commercial officer in October 2022.
- We will be sure to let you know as soon as the company names a new marketing chief.
Southwest's target demographic: Gen-X & millennials
The company will likely:
- Increase spend over the next few months
- Review the agency roster once it finds a new CMO
Broadcast insights (TV ad creative spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: Southwest spent around $12.1m on national TV ads YTD, a 25% increase from $9.7m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021.
- Last year: Full-year spend fell by 11% from $11.4m in 2020 to $10.2m in 2021.
- 2022 ad programming: It placed ads during programming such as Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, NBA Basketball, The Big Bang Theory, College Football, and Chicago Fire.
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: Southwest spent approximately $19.8m on digital display ads YTD, a 34% decrease from $29.9m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021.
- YTD data: 2.8b impressions via Facebook (42%), Instagram (22%), Twitter (22%), desktop video (9%), and desktop display (4%).
- Last year: Full-year spend fell by 17% from $41.2m in 2020 to $34.1m in 2021.
- Ad location: It placed 98% of these ads directly onto sites such as facebook.com, twitter.com, instagram.com, youtube.com, and twitch.tv. It placed 2% of these ads through multiple indirect channels onto sites such as yahoo.com, ebay.com, kayak.com, quizlet.com, and tripadvisor.com.
Additional channel insights
- Southwest also invests in OOH, print, radio, and local broadcast.
- Opportunity: Be prepared to pitch your services once this company finds a new CMO.
- Current roster: