Back to All Agencies

Universal McCann | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships

Service: full service

Main Telephone
(415) 262-5500
Primary Address
600 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111

Universal McCann Contacts

Contacts (5/18)
Name Title State
Allison K. Vice President & Partner & Group Director, Media CA
Sample of Related Brands
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (415) 262-5500
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 600 Battery Street

San Francisco, CA

W. Joe D. Chief Executive Officer - U.S. CA
Hannah N. Director, Portfolio Management CA
Casey H. Group Partner - Universal McCann Shopper CA
Elliott S. Associate Director, Media CA

Client Relationships

Brand Service From To Media Spend
******* *********, ***. Digital *
*******, ***. Media Planning ******
******* ****** *********** Media Buying, Media Planning ********
******** ********** ******* Media Buying, Media Planning ******
******* Media Buying, Media Planning *

See Winmo sales intelligence in action


Momvertising Media Opps: CVS announces store closures amid spend increases (Score 55)

count. It is going to add primary-care offices at some locations, and it will turn others into what it calls "health hubs." These stores will offer services such as diagnostic testing, mental-health assistance and hearing exams. The company is adapting to consumers shopping online more, and it believe these new healthcare services will help bushiness. The company will announce which stores will close in 2022. 

According to Pathmatics, CVS earned 8.2b impressions YTD through Facebook ads (59%), Instagram ads (21%), Twitter ads (7%), desktop video ads (6%), desktop display ads (4%) and mobile display ads (3%). It placed the majority (98%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as,,, and It placed the remainder (2%) through a variety of indirect channels onto site such as,,, and It about $71.1m on digital display ads YTD, a 48% jump from $48m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year equaled $59.4m in 2019 and $57.8m in 2020. 

Magellan reports CVS placed approximately 175 podcast ads over the last year. 

Per iSpot, CVS spent around $24.4m on national TV ads YTD, about double the $12.7m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend skyrocketed from $318.4k in 2019 to $14.2m in 2020. This year, it placed ads during programming such as "Today," "Family Feud," "Today 3rd Hour," "The Price Is Right" and "Wheel of Fortune." 

Sellers-- CVS mainly targets Gen-X and millennial women (moms) through digital display and national TV ads. It has been aggressively increasing spend this year in both channels. It also invests in OOH, print, radio and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. The company may try some different strategies as it transitions its business strategy. Sellers should reach out to offer relevant ad space. 

Agency & martech readers-- We reported that CVS was reviewing its creative account earlier this year, but I do not think it has completed the review yet. We will be sure to update you once any news is available. In the meantime, keep reaching out to this company to see if you can pick up any work. Media AOR Universal McCann appears to have all media business locked down for the time being.