Back to All Agencies

Initiative | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships




Service: media buying & planning

Main Telephone
(858) 677-2700
Primary Address
2305 Historic Decatur Road
San Diego, CA 92106
USA

Initiative Contacts

Contacts (5/9)
Name Title State
Christina C. Associate Director, Media Operations CA
Sample of Related Brands
***********
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (858) 677-2700
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 2305 Historic Decatur Road

San Diego, CA
92106
USA

Hunter C. Digital Partnerships Manager CA
Sheridan B. Assistant Planner, Digital CA
Jasmin D. Manager, Media Communications Design CA
Christina H. Vice President & Account Director- Planning CA

Client Relationships


Brand Service From To Media Spend
******* ******** ******* Media Buying, Media Planning ****
****** ****** Media Buying, Media Planning *******
***** ****** ********** Media Planning, Media Buying ********
*****-**** Media Buying, Media Planning *******
*** ***** *********** Media Buying, Media Planning *

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

WinmoEdge

Male Millennial, Gen-X Opps: Valvoline announces new global creative AOR (Score 26)


Following a review led by Roth Ryan Harris,  it is unsure exactly when the agency's first creative work will debut; the best bet is a campaign will launch in H1 2022. 

According to Pathmatics, Valvoline earned 366.8m impressions YTD through Facebook ads (52%), desktop video ads (24%), mobile display ads (9%), Instagram ads (9%) and desktop display ads (6%). It placed the majority (94%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as facebook.com, youtube.com, instagram.com, retailmenot.com and yahoo.com. It placed the remainder (6%) through a variety of indirect channels onto sites such as retailmenot.com, nesn.com, yahoo.com, reddit.com and nextdoor.com. It spent around $3.5m on digital display ads YTD, just 29% of the $12m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend jumped from $8m in 2019 to $12.3m in 2020. 

Magellan reports Valvoline placed about 45 podcast ads over the last year. 

Per iSpot, Valvoline spent around $21.7k on national TV ads YTD during "ARCA Racing Series." Full-year spend drastically fell from $5.8m in 2019 to $35.1k in 2020. 

Sellers-- I believe Valvoline mainly targets Gen-X and millennial men. It currently allocates most of its ad dollars towards digital display ads. After ramping digital spend up in 2020, it has cut it drastically this year. Valvoline is traditionally a big national TV spender, but it has all but cut spend in the channel. It also invests in OOH, print and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. You can use Valvoline's location finder here, to see if you can offer local ad space. Sellers should contact this company to see what types of ad space you may be able to provide. 

Agency & martech readers-- Agency reviews are known to follow one another, so start reaching out to Valvoline to see if you can pick up any of its business. I believe the only other agency Valvoline works with is media buying and planning AOR Initiative