Back to All Agencies

Imaginary Forces | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships




Service: design firm

Main Telephone
(323) 957-6868
Primary Address
2254 South Sepulveda Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90064
USA

Imaginary Forces Contacts

Contacts (5/9)
Name Title State
Peter F. Partner, Creative Director & Owner CA
Sample of Related Brands
***********
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (323) 957-6868
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 2254 South Sepulveda Boulevard

Los Angeles, CA
90064
USA

Henry C. Art Director CA
Grant L. Creative Art Director CA
Alan W. Creative Director CA
Kaye N. Marketing Content Manager CA

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

WinmoEdge

Gen-X, Millennial Media Opps: Discovery launches new streaming service called Discovery+


Discovery launched a new streaming service called Discovery+ on January 4th 2021. It is currently available on Roku, Amazon Fire TV,  iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android phones, Google TV, Android TV, Google Chromecast, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X and Samsung Smart TVs. It is streaming over 55k exclusive and original episodes from HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Animal Planet, A&E, Lifetime, History Channel, Travel channel and more. Users can subscribe to the service for $4.99 a month or the ad-free for $6.99. This is huge for the company as TV networks struggle to remain relevant in the cord-cutting age. Discovery+ has allocated a massive budget towards promoting its launch, which I predict will continue as it builds brand awareness. 

Discovery+ began placing digital ads back in 2019 spending around $3.7k that year, per Pathmatics. It ramped spending up big time in 2020 as it earned 897.7m impressions through desktop video ads (74%), desktop display ads (22%) and mobile display ads (4%). It placed the majority (82%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as yahoo.com, washingtonpost.com, cnn.com, youtube.com and finance.yahoo.com. It placed the remainder (18%) through a variety of indirect channels onto sites such as reddit.com, cnn.com, yahoo.com, finance.yahoo.com and news.yahoo.com. It spent around $8.9m in 2020; it already spent $9.9m in 2021. 

Magellan reports Discovery+ placed around 70 podcast ads over the last year. 

According to iSpot, the streaming service began placing national TV ads in December 2020 and has spent around $10.2m so far. It placed ads during programming such as "NFL Football," "College Football," "College Basketball," "The Masked Dancer" and "Good Morning America." 

Sellers-- Discovery+ seems to be targeting a wide range of consumers at launch, but I predict it will narrow its target audience down in the future. Gen-Z and millennials seem like the most likely target; although, Discovery+'s content likely will appeal to Gen-Xers as well. Parent company Discovery also invests in OOH, print and radio ads, per Kantar. Discovery+ will likely sustain a high level of ad spend for the foreseeable future as it builds brand awareness. Sellers should reach out offering relevant ad space. 

Agency & martech readers-- Discovery has an in-house team working on creative, media planning, marketing partnerships and brand activation. Discovery shows no signs that it is planning a review any time soon. You may still be able to pick up work for Discovery+, so reach out soon to be considered.