160over90 | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships
Service: sponsorship & event marketing
- Main Telephone
- (424) 653-1900
|Jade M.||Senior Account Executive||CA|
Sample of Related Brands
|Gary K.||Vice President, Worldwide Licensing||CA|
|Lauren D.||Vice President, Operations||CA|
|Andrew K.||Vice President, Event Production||CA|
DirecTV increases ad spend following CMO hire (Score 63)
having already spent more this year than it did in all of 2019. This comes shortly after the company hired CMO Vince Torres. He joined from parent company AT&T, where he most recently served as entertainment group marketing SVP. Sellers should reach out for more information.
Per Pathmatics, DirectTV earned 2.8b impressions YTD through Facebook ads (44%), Instagram ads (19%), desktop video ads (12%), desktop display ads (10%), Twitter ads (10%), mobile display ads (4%) and mobile video ads (1%). It placed the majority (97%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as facebook.com, instagram.com, twitter.com, imbd.com and youtube.com. It placed the remainder (3%) through a variety of indirect channels onto sites such as football.fantasysports.yahoo.com, buzzfeed.com, hulu.com, amazon.com and nfl.com. It spent around $25m on digital display ads YTD, a 72% increase from $14.5m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend fell 29% from $22.3m in 2019 to $15.8m in 2020.
Magellan reports DirecTV placed about 25 podcast ads over the last year.
According to iSpot, DirecTV spent around $1.6m on national TV ads YTD, a slight increase from $1.5m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend fell significantly from $15.6m in 2019 to $1.9m in 2020. This year, it placed ads during programming such as "Law & Order," "SportsCenter," "The Andy Griffith Show," "ATP/WTA Tennis" and "Criminal Minds."
Sellers-- It seems DirecTV mainly targets Gen-Xers and millennials. The company reaches these demographics through digital display and national TV ads. It has been aggressively increasing digital display spend this year, while slightly increasing national TV spend. It also invests in print and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Sellers should reach out to score some of these extra ad dollars. Contact the new CMO to find out more about his plans.
Agency & martech readers-- We have not seen any changes to the roster since it hired Torres as CMO earlier this year, so keep reaching out and pitching your services. To the best of my knowledge, DirecTV works with 160over90 on experiential.