Back to All Agencies

Ocean Media, Inc. | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships

Service: media buying & planning

Main Telephone
(714) 969-5244
Primary Address
17011 Beach Boulevard
15th Floor
Huntington Beach, CA 92647

Ocean Media, Inc. Contacts

Contacts (5/46)
Name Title State
Ron L. Chief Operating Officer CA
Sample of Related Brands
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (714) 969-5244
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 17011 Beach Boulevard
15th Floor
Huntington Beach, CA

Jay L. President CA
Mike R. Chairman & Chief Executive Officer CA
Charis T. Director, Account CA
Aileen R. Associate Director, Media CA

Client Relationships

Brand Service From To Media Spend
********** Media Planning ******
****.***, ***. Media Buying ********
******** Media Buying, Media Planning ********
****** ******* Media Buying *
**** Media Planning ********

See Winmo sales intelligence in action


Male Gen-X, Millennial Media Opps: Vroom promotes marketing leader amid spend increases (Score 51)

joined the company in 2018 as brand marketing VP. She was Webster Bank's SVP and head of brand marketing prior to that. Mahoney replaces Peter Scherr, who held the role for a little over four years. This promotion could lead to spend shifts and agency reviews, so keep an eye on Vroom. 

According to Pathmatics, Vroom earned 27.7m impressions YTD through Instagram ads (41%), Facebook ads (25%), desktop video ads (23%), mobile display ads (4%), desktop display ads (4%) and Twitter ads (4%). It placed the majority (93%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as,,, and It placed the remainder (7%) indirectly through Display & Video 4360 and Google AdX+AdSense onto and It spent approximately $237.9k on digital display ads YTD, just 20% of the $1.2m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend jumped from $2m in 2020 to $5.4m in 2021. 

Magellan reports Vroom placed about 530 podcast ads over the last 365 days. 

Per iSpot, Vroom spent around $20.8m on national TV ads YTD, a 56% increase from $13.3m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend jumped 79% from $25.3m in 2020 to $45.3m in 2021. This year, it placed ads during programming such as "NFL Football," "2022 Winter Olympics," "NBA Basketball," "Family Guy" and "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit." 

Sellers-- It seems Vroom primarily targets Gen-X and millennials with a male skew. It spends the majority of its ad dollars on digital display and national TV ads. The company has been aggressively increasing national TV spend for the past couple of years. It did increase digital spend in 2021, but YTD spend is down compared to the same time period of 2021. I do not expect Mahoney to make any radical changes because she was an internal promotion and not an outside hire. Sellers should reach out to offer relevant ad space. 

Agency & martech readers-- While promoted DMs are les likely to conduct agency reviews than outside hires, I still advise readers to contact Mahoney to see if she plans on making any changes. I believe you will face competition from media buying AOR Anomaly