Digital Pet Parent Opps: JustFoodForDogs hires CMO amid YTD spend increases (Score 59)
Sales lead: This hire will directly impact the company's marketing strategy & may lead to agency appointments.
- JustFoodForDogs (JFFD) hired Michael Parness as CMO in April 2023.
- Parness joins from Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, where he served as CDO for just six months.
- Prior to that, Parness was CMO of Outward Hound.
- In his new role, Parness is responsible for brand management, creative, digital, shopper marketing, and social media.
Target demographic: Millennial dog parents
The company will likely:
- Keep increasing digital ad spend
- Diversify ad placement
- Seek agency assistance
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: JFFD spent nearly $1.9m on digital display ads YTD, a significant increase from $698.7k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2022.
- YTD data: 242.4m impressions via Facebook (80%) and Instagram (20%).
- 2021-2022 spend: Full-year spend fell by 13% from $1.5m in 2021 to $1.3m in 2022.
- Ad location: It placed 100% of these ads directly onto facebook.com and instagram.com.
- Opportunity: Contact the new CMO now to secure top priority.
Spend insights: Digital spend insights estimated by Pathmatics.