Female Gen-Z, Millennial Opps: Victoria's Secret announces revamped fashion show (Score 66)
Sales lead: Reach out to offer ad space & agency assistance to promote the new fashion show.
- Victoria's Secret (VS) announced it is bringing back its fashion show in a new form.
- The fashion show will return as a feature-length film called "Victoria's Secret World Tour" in fall 2023.
- It will be more inclusive and support diversity.
- The company's DMs also revealed it will ramp up ad spend in support.
Target demographic: Millennial & Gen-Z women
The company will likely:
- Significantly increase ad spend
- Revise marketing messaging to promote inclusivity & diversity
- Seek new agency partners
Broadcast insights (TV ad creative spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: VS spent just $5.4k on national TV ads YTD, an increase from $1.4k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2022.
- 2021-2022 spend: Full-year spend equaled $2.3k in 2021 and $3.1k in 2022.
- Ad programming: It placed ads during programming such as Mi famoso y yo, Rebelde [Spanish], Murder, Inc. [Movie], Lost Canyon, and CONCACAF Champions League Soccer.
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: VS spent nearly $8.3m on digital display ads YTD, close to the $8.2m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2022.
- YTD data: 1b impressions via Facebook (55%), Instagram (32%), YouTube (13%), and desktop display (1%).
- 2021-2022 spend: Full-year spend dropped 5% from $29.8m in 2021 to $28.2m in 2022.
- Ad location: It placed 99% of these ads directly onto sites such as facebook.com, instagram.com, youtube.com, instyle.com, and weather.com. It placed 1% of these ads indirectly through The Trade Desk onto sites such as instyle.com, chegg.com, yahoo.com, msn.com, and brides.com.
Additional channel insights
- Vivvix: It also utilizes OOH.
- Opportunity: Keep reaching out to VS's new chief customer officer to see if you can pick up some of its business.
- Be sure to mention how you can help promote the revamped fashion show.
- Current roster: