First Team Real Estate hires CMO amid spend increases (Score 50)
Sales lead: This hire will affect the company's marketing strategy & may lead to agency hires.
- First Team Real Estate (FTRE) hired Alison McDermott as CMO, effective March 2023.
- McDermott most recently served as global merchandising & marketing VP of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
- She now leads all marketing initiatives for FTRE.
FTRE's target demographic: Gen-X & millennial house-hunters in southern CA.
The company will likely:
- Continue ramping digital spend up
- Diversify ad placement
- Seek agency services
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: FTRE spent about $39.9k on digital display ads YTD, a huge increase from $2.4k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2022.
- YTD data: 5.4m impressions via mobile display (61%) and desktop display (39%).
- 2021-2022 spend: Full-year spend jumped from $1.5k in 2021 to $35k in 2022.
- Ad location: It placed 94% of these ads directly onto sites such as lipstickalley.com, fandom.com, diply.com, slickdeals.net, and abcya.com. It placed 6% of these ads through multiple indirect channels onto sites such as buzzfeed.com, about.com, sheknows.com, hockeysfuture.com, and yourdictionary.com.
- Opportunity: Reach out to the new CMO now to secure top priority.
- We have not confirmed any current agency relationships for this company.
Insight Sources: Digital spend insights estimated by Pathmatics.