Female Gen-X & Millennial Digital Opps: Diptyque hires first-ever CMO amid spend increases (Score 74)
Sales lead: This company signals it is more committed to marking going forward by hiring its first CMO.
- Diptyque Americas named Jessie Dawes its first-ever CMO in February 2023.
- Dawes most recently served as integrated marketing strategy & consumer engagement VP of Shiseido.
- She is responsible for marketing, PR, communications, social, influencers, and CRM.
Additional recent hires:
- Andrea Costa joined as trade marketing manager in September 2022.
- Costa most recently served as assistant brand manager at Coty.
- Sarah Duda joined as senior digital marketing manager in November 2022.
- Duda most recently served as customer engagement manager of Clinique.
Diptyque's target demographic: Millennial & Gen-X women
The company will likely:
- Continue increasing digital spend
- Diversify ad placement
- Seek agency assistance
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: Diptyque spent around $184.5k on digital display ads YTD, a 59% increase from $116k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2022.
- YTD data: 24.1m impressions via Facebook (50%), Instagram (41%), and YouTube (9%).
- 2021-2022 spend: Full-year spend increased by 43% from $447.4k in 2021 to $637.8k in 2022.
- Ad location: It placed 100% of these ads directly onto sites such as facebook.com, instagram.com, and youtube.com.
- Opportunity: Reach out to the new CMO now to be top-of-mind.
- We have not confirmed any current agency relationships.
Insight Sources: Digital spend insights estimated by Pathmatics.