B2B Opps: Xerox assigns some marketing duties to new COO amid dwindling spend (Score 79)
Sales Lead: John Bruno joined Xerox as its president and COO, effective November 2022.
- Bruno's duties will include overseeing the company's marketing.
- He joined from Storm Ventures, where he served as CEO.
- The company will likely:
- Implement strategy shifts
- Return to heavier ad spend
- Seek new agency partners
- Target demographic:
Additional spending insights:
- Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: So far this year, Xerox has barely spent around $100 on digital ads.
- YTD data: The company has earned roughly 5.5k digital impressions YTD via Facebook ads (80%) and desktop display ads (20%), the latter of which have been placed site direct onto 3dprint.com.
- Last year: Xerox spent approximately $29.5k on this channel last year, a huge decrease from the approximately $1.1m spent in 2020.
Additional agency insights:
- Opportunity: Agency reviews could follow this appointment, especially considering it's only been around a year since Xerox promoted Deena LaMarque Piquion to CMO.
- Current agency roster:
- Code & Theory: Creative AOR
- Wavemaker: Media agency partner
Insight Sources: Digital spend insights estimated by Pathmatics.