Millennial Opps: Allbirds teams up with new retail distribution partner (Score 63)
- Allbirds is relying heavily on partnerships with retailers; additional partners include Nordstrom and Dick's Public Lands brand.
- The company's own brick-and-mortar presence has also grown; so far, it operates 46 stores.
- The company will likely:
- Increase localized ad spent to bolster brick-and-mortar foot traffic
- Continue pursuing retail expansion
- Keep promoting its newly released Pacer brand (see video above)
- Target demographic:
- Sustainability-oriented millennials
Recent leadership shifts:
- Allbirds's team has also grown; recent hires include global brand activation manager Paige Allenspach (April), senior paid media manager Chaitra Srinivasa Hebbar Manoor (June), and global brand marketing director Jess Weinstein (September).
Additional spending insights:
- Broadcast insights (TV ad creative spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: So far this year, Allbirds has spent approximately $581.3k on national TV commercials, a huge decrease from the approximately $2m spent within the same 2021 timeframe.
- Last year: The company spent around $2.5m on this channel last year after not having utilized it in 2020.
- 2022 ad programming: Allbirds's 2022 commercials have aired during shows and movies such as Dateline, Parking Wars, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Murder, She Wrote, and Dateline.
- Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: The company has allocated roughly $2.5m toward digital ads YTD, less than half of the roughly $5.5m allocated within the same 2021 timeframe.
- YTD data: Since the beginning of 2022, Allbirds has earned ~339.8m digital impressions via Facebook (49%), desktop display (31%), Instagram (13%), desktop video (6%), and mobile display (1%) ads.
- Top site destinations for this year's desktop display ads include yahoo.com (27%), runnersworld.com, nytimes.com, myfitnesspal.com, and realtor.com.
- Last year: In 2021, the company's estimated full-year spend of $6.7m reached less than a third of that of $20.9m in 2020.
- Additional channel insights
- The company also utilizes OOH, print, radio, and local broadcast.
- Additionally, it has been working with celebrity influencers such as Lindsay Lohan.
Additional agency insights:
- Opportunity: We still haven't heard of any roster shifts following the recent hire of CBO Kate Ridley, so if you haven't yet done so, contact soon to get on her radar.
- Current agency roster:
- No current agency relationships yet confirmed