Gen-Z, Millennial Opps: Krystal teams up with new influencer partner, surpasses FY 2021 digital spend (Score 53)
Sales Lead: Krystal recently utilized a new partnership with social media influencer Brittany Renner in an initiative promoting its "side chik" sandwich.
- Made by Chemistry Atlanta, the campaign rolled out on October 3 (Don't forget, Fullmetal Alchemist fans!) across social, TV, and OOH, among other channels.
- The company will likely:
- Keep increasing spend
- Pursue similar future influencer partnerships
- Conduct agency reviews under its new CMO (more below)
- Target demographic:
- Gen-Z and millennials with a male skew
Additional spending insights:
- Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: Krystal has spent approximately $3.4m on digital ads YTD, 3% more than the approximately $3.3m spent in all of 2021.
- YTD data: So far this year, the fast food chain has earned around 283.1m digital impressions via desktop video/YouTube (62%), Facebook (26%), and Instagram (11%) ads.
- Last year: In 2021, Krystal spent roughly $3.3m on this channel, more than double the roughly $1.3m spent in 2020.
- Additional channel insights
- The company also utilizes OOH and local broadcast.
Additional agency insights:
- Opportunity: Contact soon, if you haven't yet done so, to see if roster shifts end up following Krystal's recent appointment of CMO Casey Terrell.
- An advantage will probably go to those with quick-service restaurant experience.
- Current agency roster: