B2B Opps: ECI Software taps new CMO amid digital spend increase (Score 64)
Sales Lead: Chip Coyle became the CMO at ECI Software.
- Coyle will focus on building ECI's global marketing and demand generation strategy, overseeing its execution across regions including the US, and bringing the company's brand vision to life.
- In his previous role as the CMO at Blue Prism, Coyle is credited with having led a 40% revenue increase in his first year. Hopefully, he will be able to drive similar growth at ECI.
- Coyle succeeds incumbent Adrian van Haaften, who departed in June 2022 after having served as ECI's CMO for over a year.
- The company will likely:
- Continue increasing spend
- Conduct agency reviews
- Target demographic:
- Businesses in need of business management software and services
Additional recent leadership shifts:
- Coyle isn't ECI's only recent marketing hire; over the past several months, it has appointed product marketing manager Steve Forte (September 2022) and customer marketing manager Evan Tompros (September 2022).
Additional spending insights:
- Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: So far this year, ECI has spent approximately $41.2k on digital ads, 3% more than the approximately $39.9k spent by this point last year.
- YTD data: The company has earned around 4.4m digital impressions YTD via desktop display (95%) and mobile display (5%) ads placed primarily site direct onto destinations such as mydramalist.com (18%), psychologytoday.com, spanishdict.com, cargurus.com, and britannica.com.
- Last year: In 2021, ECI spent roughly $49.4k on this channel, up exponentially from the roughly $4.7k spent in 2020.
Additional agency insights:
- Opportunity: Newly hired CMOs often conduct agency reviews, so contact soon to remain top-of-mind.
- An advantage will likely go to those with B2B expertise.
- Current agency roster:
- No current agency relationships yet confirmed
Insight Sources: Digital spend insights estimated by Pathmatics.