Converse focuses on Gen-Z with new campaign
Sales lead: Reach out to this company to score some of these extra campaign ad dollars.
- Converse recently kicked off "Create Now. Create Next," its first major brand campaign in four years.
- It will be supported across Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Spotify, Hulu, and YouTube.
- There will also be OOH and transit ads in major cities.
- The brand is specifically targeting Gen-Zers with this push.
- McCann Worldgroup took care of the creative work.
Converse's target demographic: Gen-Zers
The brand will likely:
- Continue ramping up digital ad spend
- Focus more dollars on social channels
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: Converse spent around $9.7m on digital display ads YTD, a 67% increase from $5.8m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021.
- YTD data: 1.2b impressions via Instagram (86%), Facebook (10%), desktop display (2%), and desktop video (1%).
- Last year: Full-year spend jumped from $3.5m in 2020 to $7.5m in 2021.
- Ad location: It placed 99% of these ads directly onto sites such as instagram.com, facebook.com, youtube.com, genius.com, and self.com. It placed 1% of these ads indirectly through Complex Media onto sites such as complex.com, solecollector.com, genius.com, firstwefeast.com, and chegg.com.
Additional channel insights
- Converse also invests in OOH.
Current agency roster: