America First Credit Union secures naming rights deal (Score 18)
Sales lead: Reach out to this company if you can offer sponsorship assistance.
- America First Credit Union (AF) recently secured naming rights for MLS team Real Salt Lake's home field.
- Real Salt Lake's home stadium, which is located in Sandy, UT, is now called America First Field.
- The deal includes digital and traditional branding opportunities for AF.
- AF is also launching a co-branded debit & credit card with Real Salt Lake.
- Cardholders will receive discounted tickets, concessions, merchandise, and access to events.
AF's target demographic: Millennials & Gen-Xers in UT, NV, ID, NM, and AZ
The company is likely to:
- Seek additional sports sponsorships
- Outsource some marketing duties to agency partners
- Continue increasing digital spend
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: AF spent approximately $568.3k on digital display ads YTD, a 17% increase from $487.7k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021.
- YTD data: 71.6m impressions via desktop video (52%), desktop display (23%), mobile display (10%), Facebook (7%), mobile video (5%), and Instagram (4%).
- Last year: Full-year spend fell by 10% from $904.6k in 2020 to $817.1k in 2021.
- Ad location: It placed 87% of these ads directly onto sites such as youtube.com, azfamily.com, facebook.com, instagram.com, and ktnv.com. It placed 13% of these ads indirectly through Google AdX+AdSense and The Trade Desk onto sites such as ksl.com, desertnews.com, yahoo.com, msn.com, and britannica.com.
Additional channel insights
- AF also invests in OOH and local broadcast.
- Opportunity: Reach out to see if you can pick up any of AF's business.
- It does not work with any agencies at this time.
- I recommend offering a full range of services including digital, PR, creative, sponsorship, and media.