Impossible Foods introudces Impossible Bowls (Score 22)
Sales lead: Get in touch if you can help this company promote its new frozen bowl offerings.
- Impossible Foods (IF) recently released a new product called Impossible Bowls, its first solely-branded complete meal product.
- Impossible Bowls are available in eight varieties:
- Sweet & Sour Impossible Pork, Teriyaki Impossible Chicken, Chili Mac with Impossible Pork, Barbecue Impossible Pork, Spaghetti & Impossible Meatballs, Pasta Bolognese with Impossible Beef & Pork, Burrito Bowl with Impossible Beef, & Spicy Enchilada Bowl with Impossible Chicken.
- The plant-based bowls include 10g-13g of protein, 0g trans fat, and 0mg of cholesterol and can be prepared in five minutes or less.
IF's target demographic: Millennials with a Hispanic skew
The company is likely to:
- Ramp ad spend back up to promote the new frozen meals
- Seek agency assistance to raise awareness for the new product
Broadcast insights (TV ad creative spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: IF spent about $2.8k on national TV ads YTD, a massive decrease from $3.5m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021.
- Last year: Full-year spend equaled $3.5m in 2021.
- It did not allocate any budget toward the channel in 2020.
- 2022 ad programming: It placed ads during programming such as Fútbol UEFA Liga de Campeones [Spanish], UEFA Champions League en 60, and Fútbol Premier League.
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: IF spent approximately $656.4k on digital display ads YTD, just 19% of the $3.4m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021.
- YTD data: 95.8m impressions via Facebook (28%), Instagram (28%), desktop display (23%), mobile display (9%), Twitter (8%), and desktop video (3%).
- Last year: Full-year spend jumped from $1.4m in 2020 to $4m in 2021.
- Ad location: It placed 90% of these ads directly onto sites such as instagram.com, facebook.com, huffingtonpost.com, twitter.com, and youtube.com. It placed 10% of these ads indirectly through BuzzFeed Sponsored and The Trade Desk onto sites such as buzzfeed.com, yahoo.com, espn.com, ebay.com, and finance.yahoo.com.
- Opportunity: I recommend offering PR, digital, or social media assistance to this company.
- Current roster:
- Horizon Media: media buying & planning AOR
- In-house: creative