Campaign Imminent: CIBC taps new creative AORs (Score 29)
Sales Lead: CIBC is stepping into a "new chapter" with a new agency roster just a year after launching a rebrand.
- The company selected Courage and Oliver as its new creative agency partners.
- Courage will lead organization and "big picture creative thinking," and Oliver will handle high-quality production.
- The agency hires conclude a review we reported in April 2022.
- This shift ends CIBC's ten-year-long relationship with incumbent creative AOR Juniper Park\TBWA.
- The company is likely to:
- Launch a new campaign soon
- Return to heavier ad spend to support that new campaign
- Target demographic:
- Millennials and Gen-X
Additional spending insights:
- Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: CIBC has spent roughly $129.1k on digital ads YTD, less than half of the roughly $294.3k spent by this point last year.
- YTD data: So far this year, the company has earned around 14.9m digital impressions via Facebook (44%), desktop display (30%), Instagram (22%), and mobile display (4%) ads.
- Top site destinations for this year's desktop display ads include chicagobusiness.com (74%), yahoo.com, indiatimes.com, foxnews.com, and msn.com.
- Last year: In 2021, CIBC spent approximately $373.7k on this channel, 30% more than the approximately $288.1k spent in 2020.
- Additional channel insights
- The company also utilizes radio, OOH, print, and local broadcast.
Additional agency insights:
- Opportunity: Agency reviews tend to follow one another, so contact soon to offer PR, media, digital analytics, and/or social media management services.
- Current agency roster:
- Courage: Creative AOR
- Oliver: Creative AOR
- MediaCom Canada: Media AOR