Digital B2B & D2C Opps: Stride taps CMO amid spend increases (Score 62)
Sales lead: Start reaching out to the new CMO now to be top-of-mind.
- Stride hired Lee Hurley as CMO, effective September 2022.
- Hurley joins Stride from Northwestern Mutual, where she served as CMO for close to six years.
- She will now handle brand & product marketing, acquisition, communications, and content.
Stride's target demographic: Millennials & businesses
Stride is likely to:
- Continue increasing digital spend
- Invest in additional channels such as national TV
- Seek agency assistance
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: Stride spent around $74.7k on digital display ads YTD after it did not allocate any budget toward the channel during the same time period of 2021.
- YTD data: 9.6m impressions via Facebook (54%) and Instagram (46%).
- Last year: Full-year spend increased by 32% from $147.3k in 2020 to $194.4k in 2021.
- Ad location: It placed 100% of these ads directly onto facebook.com and instagram.com.
- Opportunity: New CMOs commonly outsource some of their duties to agency partners.
- Stride does not work with any agencies at this time.
- I recommend offering PR/communication assistance.
- Focus your pitches on helping this company build brand awareness.
Insight Sources: Digital spend insights estimated by Pathmatics.