CA Cannabis Opps: Pure Beauty parts ways with CMO (Score 55)
- Song now serves in the same role at The Parent Company.
- The company is likely to:
- Need additional marketing support in the absence of a marketing chief
- Conduct agency reviews once it finds a CMO
- Target demographic:
- Smoking-age (21+) Gen-Z and millennials in CA
Additional recent DM shifts:
- PB's recent hires include marketing director Gavin Logan (February), marketing and product development director Emma Barnard (February), and sales and marketing coordinator Alex McKay (September).
- Like many cannabis brands, PB doesn't yet utilize much national advertising due to legality restrictions.
- Therefore, it primarily advertises locally around the retailers that carry its products.
- To offer the most relevant localized ad space possible, view these locations, all of which are in CA, here.
Additional agency insights:
- Opportunity: Reach out sooner rather than later to remain top-of-mind when PC selects a new CMO.
- An advantage will likely go to those whose PR/communications services can build brand awareness.
- Current agency roster:
- No current agency relationships yet confirmed