Digital Dadvertising Opps: Level Home taps CMO (Score 59)
Sales lead: CMO hires are the most common sign of upcoming agency reviews, so reach out to this company now.
- Level Home (LH) hired Andrew Samson as CMO, effective August 2022.
- Samson joins LH from Hyperice, where he served as VP and global head of marketing.
- In his new role, Samson is responsible for the go-to-market strategy, content, retail channel marketing, digital, communication, media, and brand experience.
- He has also been tasked with building brand awareness and increasing demand for the company's products.
LH's target demographic: Male Gen-X & millennial homeowners (dads)
The company is likely to:
- Review the current agency roster/hire additional agency assistance
- Ramp up marketing spend to build brand awareness
- Experiment with additional advertising channels.
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: LH spent about $50.9k on digital display ads YTD, a 52% increase from $33.4k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021.
- YTD data: 7.9m impressions via desktop display (84%), desktop video (8%), and mobile display (8%).
- Last year: Full-year spend fell from $108.4k in 2020 to $37.3k in 2021.
- Ad location: It placed 64% of these ads directly onto sites such as dwell.com, arstechnica.com, epicurious.com, vanityfair.com, and allure.com. It placed 36% of these ads through multiple indirect channels onto sites such as yahoo.com, wired.com, cntraveler.com, engadget.com, and newyorker.com.
- Opportunity: The CMO hire signals that you have a chance to pick up some of this company's business.
- I recommend offering creative, digital, or media buying/planning assistance
- Focus your pitches on how you can help LH build brand awareness
- Current roster:
- Highwire PR: PR
Insight Sources: Digital spend insights estimated by Pathmatics.