Momvertising Opps: The Giant Company's CMO departs amid YTD spend increases (Score 35)
Agency Opportunity: Start preparing your pitches so that you can reach out as soon as this company finds a new CMO.
- Matt Simon left his position as CMO of The Giant Company (TGC) in July 2022.
- Simon is now the CMO of Penn Foster.
- He was responsible for brand marketing, eCommerce, loyalty, performance marketing, communication, creative, and store layout.
- We will be sure to update you as soon as the company announces a replacement.
TGC's target demographic: Gen-X and millennial women (moms)
As soon as it finds a new CMO, TGC is likely to:
- Review the agency roster
- Try new marketing channels
- Experiment with marking budget to see which channels provide the best ROI
Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: TGC spent approximately $1.2m on digital display ads YTD, a 56% increase from $770.8k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021.
- YTD data: 158m impressions via Facebook (74%), Instagram (23%), desktop video (2%), and desktop display (1%).
- Last year: Full-year spend fell by 21% from $1.9m in 2020 to $1.5m in 2021.
- Ad placement: It placed 99% of these ads directly onto sites such as facebook.com, instagram.com, youtube.com, pennlive.com, and 6abc.com. It placed 1% indirectly through The Trade Desk onto sites such as yahoo.com, 6abc.com, finance.yahoo.com, sports.yahoo.com, and news.yahoo.com.
Additional channel insights (print, radio, local broadcast TV, and OOH media analysis)
- The company also invests in OOH, print, and local broadcast TV ads.
Current agency roster:
- Brownstein Group: creative AOR
Resources: digital impressions estimated by Pathmatics; additional channel insights estimated by Kantar data.