Digital B2B Opp: Xometry appoints CMO amid spend increases (Score 50)
Agency Opportunity: Get in touch with the new CMO now to be top-of-mind because he may need agency assistance.
- Xometry tapped Shawn Fitzgerald as CMO, effective July 2022.
- Fitzgerald joins Xometry from Thomas, where he served as CMO for a few years before being promoted to president.
- He now has authority over Xometry's marketing budget and agency roster.
Xometry's target demographic: Companies of all sizes that need on-demand manufactured parts
Xometry is likely to:
- Ramp up marketing spend
- Try new advertising channels
- Outsource some marketing duties to agency partners (PR, creative, media, and digital)
Digital and social insights (digital ad effectiveness, impressions, and performance)
- YTD spend: Xometry spent around $3.4m on digital display ads YTD, a huge jump from $343.1k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021.
- YTD data: 204.2m impressions via desktop video (95%), desktop display (4%), and mobile video (1%).
- Last year: Full-year spend jumped from $361.6k in 2020 to $972.1k in 2021.
- Ad location: It placed 99% of these ads directly onto sites such as youtube.com, thomasnet.com, facebook.com, makezine.com, and instagram.com. It placed 1% of these ads indirectly through The Trade Desk onto sites such as chegg.com, yahoo.com, ebay.com, foxnews.com, and fandom.com.
- Xometry does not have any agency partners at this time.
Resources: digital spend insights estimated by Pathmatics.