Male Millennial, Gen-Z Opps: Houston Texans hire marketing leader (Score 49)

The Houston Texans brought Doug Vosik in as its new marketing and communications SVP in June 2022. Vosik most recently served as the LA Galaxy's CMO. He was the Philadelphia Union's CMO prior to that. This is the organization's top marketing position following the departure of CMO Jennifer Davenport in February. I advise you all to keep an eye on the Texans because this hire could lead to opportunities for both sellers and agency readers. 

According to Pathmatics, the NFL earned 3.3b impressions YTD through Facebook ads (44%), Instagram ads (25%), desktop display ads (20%), Twitter ads (7%), mobile display ads (4%) and desktop video ads (1%). It placed the majority (88%) of these ads directly onto sites such as facebook.com, instagram.com, twitter.com, espn.com and apnews.com. It placed the remainder (12%) indirectly through Yahoo DSP and Google AdX+AdSense onto sites such as yahoo.com, usatoday.com, news.yahoo.com, finance.yahoo.com and yahoo.com/health. It spent around $20.6m on digital display ads YTD, a 17% decrease from $24.7m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend fell by 13% from $64.5m in 2020 to $55.8m in 2021. 

Per iSpot, the NFL spent $116.4m on national TV ads YTD, a 14% increase from $102.5m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend increased by 26% from $167.7m in 2020 to $212m in 2021. This year, it placed ads during programming such as NFL Football, SportsCenter, NFL Live and The OT

**The above spend information refers to the NFL.**

Sellers-- The NFL takes care of most national marketing for its teams. Both the NFL and the Texans target male Gen-Z and millennial football fans. Kantar reports the Texans invest in local broadcast TV ads. The team also utilizes corporate sponsorships. Get in touch if you can offer ad space around the Houston area. 

Agency & martech readers-- Start reaching out to Vosik soon to see if he plans on outsourcing any of his new responsibilities. The Texans do not currently work with any agencies, but it does have an in-house media team. Be sure to include any professional sports marketing experience you may have in your pitches. Those of you near the Houston area will likely have an advantage.