Male Gen-Z, Millennial Media Opps: FanDuel sponsors New York Yankees (Score 29)

FanDuel is now an official sports betting partner of the New York Yankees. This partnership will allow FanDuel to use the Yankees' logo in its marketing. FanDuel will also be allowed to place signage behind home plate and in right field at Yankee Stadium during home games. FanDuel originally partnered with the Yankees in 2020 as the team's fantasy platform provider. We told you about FanDuel's new creative AOR last August

According to Pathmatics, FanDuel earned 2.2b impressions YTD through desktop video ads (36%), Instagram ads (25%), Facebook ads (23%), desktop display ads (13%) and mobile display ads (3%). It placed the majority (91%) of these ads directly onto sites such as,,, and It placed the remainder (9%) through multiple indirect channels onto sites such as,,, and It spent around $18.7m on digital display ads YTD, a slight (3%) decrease from $19.2m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend increased by 43% from $28.3m in 2020 to $40.5m in 2021. 

Per iSpot, FanDuel spent approximately $18.9m on national TV ads YTD, a significant increase from $5m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend jumped from $20m in 2020 to $61.4m in 2021. This year, it placed ads during programming such as NBA Basketball, NFL Football, PGA Tour Golf, NHL Hockey and Inside the NBA

Sellers-- FanDuel mainly targets male Gen-Z and millennial sports fans. It reaches these consumers through digital display and national TV ads. The company drastically increased spend across both channels in 2021. It has continued ramping up TV spend so far this year while it lowered digital spend slightly. FanDuel also invests in OOH, print, radio and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Sellers should get in touch to offer relevant ad space. 

Agency & martech readers-- FanDuel works with creative AOR Wieden + Kennedy and media AOR Ad Results Media. The company just picked up W+K last year, which means creative is likely secure for now. You will probably have better luck offering complementary services such as digital or social media assistance.