Osram Sylvania taps agency for automotive business (Score 22)

Osram Sylvania (OS) appointed Fitzco as the full-service agency for Sylvania Automotive. The agency will handle brand strategy, analytics, creative and media in NA. Pile and Company handled the search process. Keep an eye out for some fresh creative work. 

Per Pathmatics, OS earned 20.9m impressions YTD through mobile display ads (36%), desktop display ads (30%), desktop video ads (17%) and Instagram ads (16%). It placed the majority (83%) of these ads directly onto sites such as carcarekiosk.com, youtube.com, instagram.com, facebook.com and 123greetings.com. It placed the remainder (17%) indirectly through Google AdX+AdSense onto sites such as carcarekiosk.com, yardbarker.com, appspot.com, mgoblog.com and frommers.com. It spent around $221k on digital display ads YTD, a 46% increase from $151.4k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend fell by 24% from $636.4k in 2020 to $480.7k in 2021. 

According to iSpot, OS spent $3.1k on national TV ads YTD, a huge decrease from $62.1k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend fell from $241.5k in 2020 to $69.4k in 2021. This year, it placed ads during programming such as Flea Market Flip, Lakefront Bargain Hunt, Living Big Sky, Carnival Eats and BBQ Pitmasters

Sellers-- OS appears to be targeting Gen-X and millennials with a male skew. It reaches these demographics through digital display and national TV ads. The company has been decreasing TV spend for the past two years. Meanwhile, it decreased digital spend in 2021, but it has been ramping it back up so far this year. This indicates digital ads provide a better ROI for the company. It spends the majority of its ad dollars in Q1 and Q4. OS also invests in local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Sellers should reach out to offer ad space. 

Agency & martech readers-- Sylvania Automotive is likely taken care of for now. However, agency reviews commonly follow one another, and OS may need some more help with its other brands. Get in touch to see if you can offer any of your services. I believe OS also works with creative and digital AOR Re:group