Entrata hires CMO amid spend decreases (Score 49)

Entrata hired Nico Dato as CMO in April 2022. Dato most recently served as the marketing EVP of Podium. He was PeopleKeep's marketing director prior to that. In his new role, Dato will be responsible for expanding Entrata's marketing capabilities to fuel international and domestic growth. Entrata operates a property management software service. Keep an eye on this company because this hire will affect its marketing strategy and could lead to agency appointments. 

According to Pathmatics, Entrata earned 8.6m impressions YTD through desktop display ads (96%) and mobile display ads (4%). It placed the majority (90%) of these ads indirectly through Google AdX+AdSense onto zillow.com and mail.com. It placed the remainder (10%) directly onto sites such as androidauthority.com, nbcsandiego.com, fool.com, metric-conversions.org and att.yahoo.com. It spent close to $22.5k on digital display ads YTD, a huge decrease from $446.3k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend fell 55% from $1.3m in 2020 to $590.3k in 2021. 

Sellers-- Entrata targets property managers and owners. The company seems to utilize a digital-first marketing strategy. Although, it has drastically reduced digital spend over the past two years. Dato will likely ramp spend back up as soon as he has time to implement his own strategy. I would not be surprised if he experimented with additional marketing channels either. Get in touch for more information so that you can offer relevant ad space. 

Agency & martech readers-- Our researchers are busy searching for any possible agency relationships Entrata may have. Start contacting Dato soon to be top-of-mind in case he decides to outsource any of his new responsibilities. I recommend offering PR/communication services because these are the most common initial agency hires. Those of you with property management experience may have the upper hand.