Told Ya!, B2B Opps: RingCentral taps PR AOR amid spend increases (Score 52)
RingCentral appointed Finn Partners as its US PR AOR. The agency has been tasked with helping the company build brand awareness of its phone and video services. Finn will also manage thought leadership, product communications, media & analyst relations and events. This replaces incumbent shop Golin. We predicted a possible review in January when we told you about RingCentral's new chief operating officer.
According to Pathmatics, RingCentral earned 259.6m impressions YTD through desktop display ads (64%), Facebook ads (22%), mobile display ads (9%), Instagram ads (5%) and desktop video ads (1%). It placed the majority (93%) of these ads directly onto sites such as arstechnica.com, facebook.com, wired.com, instagram.com and wsj.com. It placed the remainder (7%) through multiple indirect channels onto sites such as yahoo.com, finance.yahoo.com, pch.com, sports.yahoo.com and foxbusiness.com. It spent approximately $2.6m on digital display ads YTD, more than double the $1.1m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend jumped from $2.2m in 2020 to $4.5m in 2021.
Per iSpot, RingCentral started investing in national TV ads in April of this year. It spent approximately $2.9m during programming such as The Five, FOX and Friends, America Reports, NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt and The Story With Martha MacCallum.
Sellers-- RingCentral targets businesses through digital display and national TV ads. The company has been aggressively increasing digital spend over the past couple of years, which it has continued so far this year. I see no reason to believe it will stop increasing spend any time soon. It also invests in OOH, print and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Sellers should get in touch to score some of these extra ad dollars.
Agency & martech readers-- RingCentral does not currently work with any other agency partners, to the best of my knowledge. PR hires commonly precede additional agency appointments, so start reaching out soon to see if this company needs any more assistance. I recommend offering media buying/planning, digital or creative services.