Crunch Fitness appoints creative AOR (Score 22)

Crunch Fitness (CF) named Familiar Creatures creative AOR in May 2022. The agency has been working with the company on a project basis since last year. It will mainly focus on creating TV and radio ads for CF. We told you about the "Crunch Mode" campaign that Familiar Creatures created for the company earlier this year

Per Pathmatics, CF earned 104.8m impressions YTD through Facebook ads (70%), desktop video ads (12%), desktop display ads (9%), mobile display ads (6%) and Instagram ads (3%). It placed the majority (98%) of these ads directly onto sites such as,,, and It placed the remainder (2%) indirectly through The Trade Desk and Google AdX+AdSense onto sites such as,,, and It spent close to $969.9k on digital display ads YTD, a 24% increase from $780.5k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend fell by 20% from $3m in 2020 to $2.4m in 2021. 

Sellers-- It seems CF mainly targets millennials through digital display ads. It decreased spend in 2021, but the fitness chain has been increasing spend so far in 2022. It also invests in OOH, radio and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Click here to use the location finder to see where you may be able to provide local ad space. I predict CF will continue increasing spend, considering it just appointed a permanent creative AOR. Sellers should reach out to offer ad space. 

Agency & martech readers-- CF uses Hudson Cutler & Co. for PR and USIM for media buying and planning. Agency hires commonly follow one another, so this looks like a good time to get in touch with CF's DMs.