HotelPlanner hires first-ever chief strategy officer (Score 59)
HotelPlanner created a new position by naming Neil Valentine chief strategy officer in May 2022. Valentine most recently served as the CRO of Lucency. He brings marketing experience from his time as Partner Fusion's CMO. In this new role, Valentine will be responsible for the company's growth strategy, sales, marketing and partnerships. He will report to president & COO Bruce Rosenberg.
According to Pathmatics, HotelPlanner earned 4.9m impressions YTD through desktop display ads (82%), mobile display ads (11%) and Facebook ads (7%). It placed the majority (88%) of these ads directly onto nhl.com and facebook.com. It placed the remainder (12%) indirectly through Google AdX+AdSense onto nhl.com. It spent approximately $29.8k on digital display ads YTD, up from $10.1k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend decreased by 24% from $19.1k in 2020 to $14.6k in 2021.
iSpot reports HotelPlanner has not invested in national TV ads since spending $4.3k in 2020 during Reel Fishing With Upstream.
Sellers-- HotelPlanner appears to be targeting millennial men, considering it placed the majority of its ads this year onto nhl.com. It has been increasing digital spend so far this year after it reduced spend in 2021. I predict HotelPlanner will continue increasing spend, especially with the recent CSO hire. It also invests in local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Get in touch for more information so that you can offer relevant ad space.
Agency & martech readers-- I believe the only agency that HotelPlanner currently works with is partnership AOR IPG360. Valentine likely has authority over the agency roster, so start reaching out to see if he plans on outsourcing any of his new duties.