Millennial Parents Opps: Eat Just promotes Just Egg brand with new campaign
Eat Just (EJ) launched a campaign promoting its Just Egg brand. "Really Good Eggs" stars tennis star Serena Williams and actor Jake Gyllenhaal. It is supported by two 30-second spots that will air in major markets such as New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago. It will also place billboard ads in those markets. The spots will be supported online through CTV and social media as well. There may still be time to offer ad space, so get in touch soon.
According to Pathmatics, EJ earned 414.5m impressions YTD through desktop video ads (71%), desktop display ads (10%), Twitter ads (9%), Instagram ads (8%), mobile display ads (2%) and Facebook ads (1%). It placed the majority (97%) of these ads directly onto sites such as youtube.com, twitter.com, amazon.com, instagram.com and msn.com. It placed the remainder (3%) through multiple indirect channels onto sites such as amazon.com, yahoo.com, zillow.com, fandom.com and ebay.com. It spent approximately $4.4m on digital display ads YTD, a significant jump from $2m spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. Full-year spend increased from $2m in 2020 to $6.7m in 2021.
Per iSpot, EJ spent $6k on national TV ads YTD during programming such as Team Umizoomi, My 600-Lb. Life, Peppa Pig, A Few Good Men and The Adventures of Paddington. The company started investing in national TV ads this year, to the best of my knowledge.
Sellers-- EJ mainly targets millennial parents. The company focuses the majority of its advertising budget on digital display ads, and it has been ramping spend up for a couple of years. It also started airing national TV ads earlier this year. I see no reason to believe EJ will not continue increasing spend as it works to build brand awareness. Sellers should reach out to offer last-minute campaign ad space.
Agency & martech readers-- I believe creative AOR Mythology is the only agency that EJ works with at this time. For the best chance of picking up some of EJ's business, I recommend offering project-by-project assistance.