Mixbook searches for CMO to modernize its marketing strategy (Score 42)

Mixbook is looking for a CMO to lead creative and strategy development. The selected marketer will also be responsible for modernizing the company's marketing strategy. The CMO will serve on the executive leadership team and manage communications, PR, sales, partnerships and business development. I believe this will replace Michelle Marie Ritchie, who joined the company in 2020. Mixbook offers design and editing software that allows users to create photo books, cards, calendars and home decor. 

According to Pathmatics, Mixbook earned 105m impressions in 2021 through desktop display ads (64%), Facebook ads (32%), Instagram ads (2%) and mobile display ads (1%). It placed the majority (53%) of these ads indirectly through Google AdX+AdSense and The Trade Desk onto sites such as yahoo.com, toptenreviews.com, ebay.com, drudgereport.com and yourdailydish.com. It placed the remainder (47%) site direct onto sites such as facebook.com, youtube.com, instagram.com, yahoo.com and sports.yahoo.com. It spent approximately $391.6k on digital display ads in 2021, just 45% of the $682.6k spent in this channel during 2020. YTD spent equals $38.2k, a 26% increase from $30.3k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2021. 

Sellers-- Mixbooks services most likely appeal to Gen-X and millennial women (moms). It currently focuses on digital advertising, but it significantly decreased spend in 2021. I predict it will ramp spend back up soon because YTD spend is higher than it was during the same time period of 2021, plus, it is looking for a new CMO. Sellers should contact his company for more information to see if you can offer relevant ad space. 

Agency & martech readers-- Our researchers are working on confirming any possible agency relationships this company may have. Start preparing your pitches so that you can reach out once it hires a new CMO.