Alteryx hires CMO following creative AOR appointment (Score 63)

Alteryx announced Keith Pearce will join the company as CMO on February 14th, 2022. Pearce spent the last five years at Genesys, where he served as global marketing and demand SVP. This hire closely follows the creative AOR appointment we told you about last year. Keep an eye on this company because both the CMO hire and AOR appointment will affect its marketing strategy. 

According to Pathmatics, Alteryx earned 56m impressions in 2021 through desktop display ads (68%), mobile display ads (21%) and Twitter ads (11%). It placed the majority (74%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as wtop.com, forbes.com, twitter.com, cio.com and yahoo.com. It placed the remainder (26%) through a variety of indirect channels onto sites such as yahoo.com, finance.yahoo.com, forbes.com, nytimes.com and poki.com. It spent approximately $357.5k on digital display ads in 2021, a 6% increase from $338.7k spent in this channel during 2020. 

Per iSpot, Alteryx started investing in national TV ads last year. It spent about $159.2k during programming such as "SportsCenter," "Fast Money," "Closing Bell," "College Football" and "Pardon the Interruption." 

Sellers-- Alteryx's data analytics services appeal to businesses, which it targets through digital display and national TV ads. It increased digital spend in 2021, and it started utilizing national TV ads. I expect the company to continue ramping up its marketing efforts, especially since it just hired a CMO. Sellers should contact Pearce for more information to see what types of ad space you may be able to offer. 

Agency & martech readers-- As you know, CMOs commonly review their new company's agency roster. However, Alteryx just picked up creative AOR Skona in October, so that account is likely secure. I advise readers to offer complimentary services such as digital or media assistance.