Travel & Hospitality Opps: Lindblad increases spend as consumers begin traveling again (Score 51)
Lindblad Expeditions (LE) reinstated cruises in June, after about a 15-month hiatus, due to the Covid-19 pandemic. It also started ramping spend back up as it suspended marketing for the majority of the pandemic. LE is currently operating six cruise ships and is offering trips to Alaska, the Galapagos and Iceland. Sellers should reach out to offer ad space.
According to Pathmatics, LE earned 40.1m impressions YTD through desktop display ads (95%), mobile display ads (3%) and Facebook ads (2%). It placed the majority (98%) of these ads indirectly through Amazon onto sites such as amazon.com, wsj.com, marketwatch.com, imbd.com and aol.com. It placed the remainder (2%) directly onto facebook.com. It spent around $109.1k on digital display ads YTD, about double the $58.7k spent in this channel during the same time period of 2020. Full-year spend equaled $57.7k in 2020, just 15% of the $394.7k spent in this channel in 2019.
Sellers-- I believe LE mainly targets Gen-Xers and boomers that have time to take extended vacations such as cruises. It reaches these demographics through digital display ads. It seems this company is well on its way to returning to pre-pandemic spending levels. LE also invests in print ads, per Kantar. Sellers should contact this company if you can provide relevant ad space.
Agency & martech readers-- To the best of my knowledge, LE is not working with any agencies at this time. I advise readers to contact this company to see if you can pick up any of its business. Those of you that have experience in travel and hospitality may have an advantage.